Submit your short
Submissions to Filmmaking Frenzy: REVENGE! are now closed.
Terms and Conditions
FILMMAKING FRENZY: REVENGE! T&Cs
Any questions? Use email email@example.com
NO PURCHASE OF GOODS OR SERVICES NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING A PRODUCT WILL NOT HELP YOU WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Capitalized words used herein have the following meanings:
1. “Company” means Alamo Drafthouse.
2. “Entrant” means an individual who has validly registered to take part in the competition.
3. “PSA” or “Film” or “short” means a film which an Entrant uploads to the Filmmaking Frenzy official website.
4. “Terms and Conditions” means these Terms and Conditions.
2. POSTING CONDITIONS.
In order to post a Film for Filmmaking Frenzy for America, the following must be adhered to:
- Entrant must first upload your short as an UNLISTED LINK to YouTube or Vimeo and then submit the link at the submission site.
- Entrant must enter valid contact details on the Filmmaking Frenzy for America official website and accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- Entrant must not upload your film to any other public site until the contest has wrapped.
- Entrant must not upload any film which contains third party copyrighted material unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must not upload any Film which contains branded segments unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must keep submission under 30 seconds in length with a minimum running time of 15 seconds.
- Entrant film's aspect ratio must be 1920x1080.
- Entrant must make sure to have everybody who appears recognizably in your film execute a talent release form.
- Entrant must make sure all music and songs are cleared for use within this competition by the appropriate parties.
- Entrant must be of legal age in the jurisdiction in which they live or the parent/legal guardian of an entrant.
- Please make sure to keep a master of your submission professionally stored at all times. At Filmmaking Frenzy’s direction, entrant may be asked to deliver an HD version to the Filmmaking Frenzy for America competition to our office. If you are editing on Avid, Final Cut, please keep a working project file onhand.
By submitting and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, entrants and their legal guardians convey a universal, irrevocable, and exclusive license to Filmmaking Frenzy, Alamo Drafthouse and Birth.Movies.Death to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, and/or broadcast the videos without payment or further consent.
3. CONTENT REVIEW
By uploading a Film, you agree that:
- The Company has the absolute right to review and reject at any time any short Film which Company deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, is unacceptable.
- If Company determines at any time that Film is not acceptable, you agree they can remove the Film immediately from the Filmmaking Frenzy official website
- You understand that Company is not required to give any reason for its determination that a Film is unacceptable
- By uploading a Film, you are not transferring any rights of ownership in the Film to Company or any other third party.
- Members of the public may view Films posted to the Filmmaking Frenzy official website.
- After uploading a Film, you are not restricted in your use of the Film and may continue to exhibit it in other venues and online.
- If your Film is selected as the winner of the competition you agree to participate in reasonable publicity and promotional activities as required by Company and agree that the Company may publish your name and biographical information via the Company’s website and any other media.
5. HOW TO ENTER.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS, VALUES AND SCHEDULE.
Winners will be chosen by a jury and announced during Fantastic Fest 2018 (20th - 27th September 2018). The following is a description of the grand prize to be awarded and the estimated value of the prize:
The grand prize winner of the Filmmaking Frenzy contest will receive
- 2 Fan Badges to Fantastic Fest 2019, estimated value $1040
- $250 Food and Beverage gift card to spend at Fantastic Fest 2019
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS
Prizes are subject to availability. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Company’s sole discretion. The winner of the contest will be contacted by email. If Company is unable to reach the potential winner within 7 days after attempting to do so or potential winner does not respond according to the instructions in Company’s notification, that person will become ineligible for the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. The contest will be conducted under the supervision and in the sole discretion of the Company. The Company reserves the right to substitute a prize for another prize of equal or greater value at any time. All taxes imposed on any prize (e.g., under federal or state tax laws) are the sole responsibility of the winner. All ownership rights in and to the name and marks used in, on or to describe the prize are reserved to the owner thereof. If the winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Company will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize.
8. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant that you have the full right and authority to upload and post your Film on the Filmmaking Frenzy official website and that the posting of same will not violate any rights of any persons.
You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold Company harmless if Company incurs any loss, cost, or expense (including attorneys’ fees), due to any claim by you or any other parties relating to the posting of your Film on the Filmmaking Frenzy official website.
All notices shall be in writing and shall be delivered by e-mail to each party’s last known email address.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT.
These Terms and Conditions and the other items referred to herein represent the complete agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting notice thereof on its website. Upon posting, the amended Terms and Conditions and the other items referred to herein shall represent the complete agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
13. GOVERNING LAW.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the United States.
It is possible that Films which you post may be downloaded or copied by third parties without Company’s permission, and you waive any claim against the Company for such actions.
15. FURTHER ACTIONS.
You agree to execute any and all documents and take any other actions reasonably required to effectuate the purposes of these Terms and Conditions. You grant us a power of attorney for such purposes (it being acknowledged that such appointment is irrevocable and coupled with an interest) with full power of substitution and delegation if you fail to do so within five (5) business days of our written request.
By clicking the appropriate “I Accept” button, you are “signing” these Terms and Conditions for all purposes under applicable law.